What service does Pan Taiwan provide?
What are the process of developing a custom-made product?
2. Quotation: The costs including mouldings, unit prices, and estimated completion date and as many as details will be provided upon the confirmation of designs, technical specification..etc.
3. 2D/3D Drawing: The 2D or 3D drawing either can be provided from buyers or Pan Taiwan has strong R&D teams to work on drawings for customer's approval.
4. Mold design and Tooling: Once the drawing is approved from buyers, Pan Taiwan will arrange for mold process and make sure the tooling is designed consistantly with the drawing within the agreed deviations between buyer and Pan Taiwan.
5. Counter samples approved: The buyers will be requested to release a small quantity of piolt run sample order for examiation.
6. Manufacturing: Pan Taiwan will manufacture the custom-made products for the buyers in a long-term basisafter the first sample is approved.
7. Quality inspection: Specific working instructions will be designed for the custom-made products for details checking before delivery.
8. Assembly & packing: Pan Taiwan may also provide the assembly and packing services for the custom-made products.
9. Delivery: Pan Taiwan will handle the delivery from the factory to the shipping port or warehouse that assigned by the buyers.
What're three risk categories classfied based on Regulation (EU) 2016/425?
(2)Category II –products that are neither Category I or Category III such as safety and sports helmets, safety footwear, and high visibility clothing
(3)Category III –products protecting against “risks that may cause very serious consequences such as death or irreversible damage to health”such as respiratory protective equipment, fall arrest equipment, chemical protective clothing, and hearing protectors
What is Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)?
When should we use PPE?
What does the different safety impact level marking mean for the CE certified safety glasses (eyewear)?
(1) Where should I use ear muffs? (2) What do the NRR and SNR rating of an ear muffs stand for?
(2) An SNR or NRR rating indicates the level that a noise can be reduced when a user wears this ear muff.
What's the difference between PP, ABS helmet?
The density of PP is relatively small among all synthetic resins, only 0.90 ~ 0.91g/cm3, which is about 60% of that of PVC. This means that more products of the same volume can be produced with the same weight of raw materials.
2. Mechanical properties
The tensile strength and rigidity of PP are good, but the impact strength is poor at low temperature. In addition, if there is orientation or stress during molding, the impact strength will be significantly reduced. Although its impact strength is not that strong, its mechanical properties can compete with engineering plastics with higher cost in many fields after modification such as filling or reinforcement.
3. Surface hardness
The surface hardness of PP is lower than that of PE. When the crystallinity is higher, the hardness increases correspondingly, but it is not as good as PVC, PS, ABS and so on.
4. Thermal properties
Compared with ABS, PP has better heat resistance.
There are some differences between ABS plastics and PP plastics in terms of performance and characteristics. It's really inconclusive to say which is better or which is worse. Only when it comes to the specific production of which product can there be a more suitable material.
What is the marking on the lens of safety eyewear for, especially for CE compliance eyewear?
To prevent from Ultraviolet filters EN170 scale number 2 and shade number falls between 1.5 to 5, e.q. you might see the marking 2-1.2
To prevent from Ultraviolet filters with colour recognition EN170 scale number 2C and shade number falls between 1.2 to 5
To prevent from Infrared filters (IR) EN171 scale number 4 and shade number falls between 1.2 to 10
To prevent from sunglare filters EN172 scale number 5 and shade number falls between 1.1 to 4.1
To prevent from sunglare filters with IR specifications EN172 scale number 6 and shade number falls between 1.1 to 4.1
The shade number means that the different percentage of the intensity of light radiation allowed to pass through a filter lens to user's eyes. The higher shade number, the darker the filter and the less light radiation that may pass through the lens.
How to clean and store ear muff?
2. When not in use, it is recommended to store the ear muff in a clean and dry poly-bag. For models equipped with PVC leather headband, it is not allowed to store the products in the temperature higher than 45°C. The environmental friendly material used for the PVC leather will have qualitative change under excessive high temperature either in transportation or storage over time.